Wednesday, May 27

Memorial Day Weekend

I can't believe I haven't blogged since Friday.

We had a really nice weekend with my parents. Even though the weather wasn't so great, we made the best of the weekend. We made it to the Decatur Arts Festival on Saturday afternoon, had a delicious dinner made by Chef Judd on Saturday night, and hung out all day Sunday. Mom and Dad even kept Charlotte for a couple of hours on Sunday night so Judd and I could go out to dinner. Charlotte was a good girl and performed all of her tricks for her grandparents.

After my parents left on Monday morning, Judd, Charlotte, and I headed over to IKEA. I wanted to organize the closet in our office, and wanted to get a bookshelf and bins. We got there and found out that the bookshelf I wanted was on sale for $49 rather than the normal $89!

Judd and I spent the afternoon putting together the bookshelf and cleaning out the closet. We ended up with 5 trash bags full of junk. Our office closet was the one space in the house that we stored all of the stuff we didn't know what to do with. I was pretty ruthless when it was time to decide whether to keep something or not - if we hadn't really used it in a year, it was trash. I finally finished the project last night. It was well worth the effort - the closet looks so much better. The office also serves as our guestroom - now our guests can actually hang up clothes!

We topped off he weekend with grilling out over at Dave and Erin's. I loved my 4 day weekend, it was sad to leave Charlotte & Judd on Tuesday morning. At least it's only a 3 day week!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Nice work on the closet! There's nothing I love more than a good organization project : )

Mollypants said...

I am a total pack rat, but man, do I love a good organization project. It's completely therapeutic. Some girls get ice cream or go out for drinks when they go through a rough time - me? When I got dumped two years ago, I began to clean out my closet and get all the stuff like bins and boxes and velvet skinny hangers to make it look better. Seriously, I spent 2 months and $1,000 on it. But wow, did I feel better!!!