Friday, May 1

The Park

Since we've been back from vacation, Charlotte has not done well at bedtime. She has pushed her bedtime back to 7:30 or 8pm - and when it is time to go to bed, she usually goes screaming. This has bummed Judd and I out. She used to go to bed peacefully at 7.

Judd was out of town Monday night. I knew he wasn't going to be home until after Charlotte's bedtime on Tuesday. Since Monday's bedtime didn't go so well, I decided I'd wear her out on Tuesday. So, we headed to the park after dinner. We had a great time. She swung on the swing for a long time. Then, she climbed the playground stairs all by herself, turned around, and went down the slide backwards! (I didn't get a picture of that - I figured it was better to catch her!)





























Question for you moms out there regarding park etiquette. Charlotte saw an abandoned ball at the park. She ran right over to it and started playing with it. I let her because no one close to it was claiming it. Is it ok to play with abandoned toys if no one is near it? I know that it probably belongs to a kid that is swinging or in another part of the park - just curious...

4 comments:

Bryan said...

I say, yes, it's ok to play with the abandoned toys. Lindsay does that too. We just leave it behind when we're done. And if the owner shows up while we're playing, we politely give it back.

Keep us posted on how bedtime goes. I've been totally impressed that up until now the 7pm bedtime had worked so well, and Charlotte doesn't wake up for the day at 5am. I think you got a good sleeper! Lindsay goes to bed around 8pm or a little after, and is up and ready for the day sometime between 6 and 8, depending on how tired she was. I couldn't even imagine putting her down at 7, since she's still so wide awake at that time. I wonder if Charlotte is starting to rebel and wants a later bedtime? : )

mollymmccabe@gmail.com said...

I agree, toys at the playground are fair game. I'm a friend of Andrea Johnson's who used to live in Atlanta. I hope you don't mind that I love seeing your blog posts, your pictures (and daughter) are so cute!! I check on your updates from time to time when I am checking on Declan. My little girl will be 2 in 16 days! Doesn't time fly???
Molly McCabe (danandmolly.blogspot.com)

Allison D said...

I say finders keepers!

Carrie Beth said...

I say if it is at the playground it is fair game. We often bring toys (balls, sidewalk chalk, etc.) to our playground and I expect the other kids to play with the items too. As long as you leave it there when you are done with it I say let her have at it!