Monday, May 31

Memorial Day Weekend

My parents came to visit for Memorial Day weekend. Charlotte and I picked them up from the airport on Saturday morning and it was play time until I dropped them off at the airport tonight. It had been over 2 months since they had seen Charlotte - the longest stretch yet.

DSC_1722

It was a action packed weekend complete with a trip to the pool and attending both the Decatur Arts Festival and the Jazz Festival. Mom and I even snuck over to Lenox Mall and did a little shopping for baby brother. (It was so strange shopping in the little boy sections!)

Grammie and Granddad bought Charlotte her first sandbox this morning. She had a great time "making cupcakes" with Grammie once it was all set up. Here's hoping that the sandbox will keep her busy for many hours (well at least minutes) this summer.

DSC_1701

After a yummy dinner at a "restrank" tonight, Char did a little puddle splashing.

DSC_1715

It was such a nice, relaxing visit. I was sad to see them go. But, today kicks off summer - and I am so looking forward to what this summer will bring!

No comments: