Friday, May 30

Jumparoo

Monday, Judd and I bought Charlotte a jumparoo. We stood in Babies R Us for a while staring at all of the options. Judd wanted to put her in them to let her try them out. I asked if he'd rather just inject her with harmful bacteria and viruses. Finally, we picked the Jumparoo by Baby Einstein. We picked this one because it seemed to have a lot to look at, plus it collapses and can fit under a bed.

This was the first toy that we have given to Charlotte that she has liked immediately. She squealed with delight when we put her in it. It was fun to watch. She'll only stay in it for about 10 minutes now, I'm hoping that will change when she gets bigger and stronger.






Poor thing has had an awful cough this week, I'm sure she has a sore throat too. She has been sleeping ok, even though she coughs all night. I just wish I could give her something for it. She has had 3 colds now in 5 weeks. This day care thing is the pits. It is so stressful deciding whether to send her or not, and then figuring out what to do about work if I decide to keep her home. They tell parents, "Well it's good for them, she'll build a great immune system and won't be sick at all when she goes to Kindergarten." I think they tell parents that to make them feel better about sending babies to day care.

5 comments:

Emily said...

She is so cute!!! I'm sorry that she's been sick. Day care decisions are so hard. Good luck.

Luis Benitez said...

Hahahha... My wife would've said the same thing re: letting our baby try out store stuff.. :)

She looks beautiful!

m said...

She is so cute! Glad she likes her new toy!

Mollypants said...

I'm sorry she's sick...my roommate is an ER nurse and she coincidentally said just last night that she can TELL whether school age kids come into the ER ever went to day care or came from big families or were around other babies a lot - they tend to get sick way less often, their fevers run lower, and their illnesses are not as bad. Doesn't have studies to back it up, but said that there's definitely truth to the whole "let their immunity build up" thing. Not that it makes it any easier...

Al & Nina said...

Love the pictures. Sorry she has been sick. In 10 months maybe I can help you out with day care when she is sick. Nina