Tuesday, October 7

Badge of a Mother

A badge of a mother is snot on your shoulder.

It seems Charlotte has had a runny nose for the past month. The poor thing. I wipe it, much to her dismay, and 10 seconds later it needs another wiping. You can forget about using the bulb to suction it out. She wiggles and struggles so much against me, I'm afraid I'll poke it up into her brain. So, when I pick her up, she almost immediately wipes her nose on my shoulder. So, I'm usually walking around with large snot streaks on my shirts. I guess I need to start wearing lighter colored clothes that don't show it as much.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor Charlotte, I totally understand what she's going through...

Rebecca said...

Ha! So true. For me it was always spit up. Like, I would get spit up on (by both of them - wasn't just limited to one) and then spend a few minutes deciding if it's bad enough that I need to change, or can I just go with it. Because they always seem to get spit up or snot on you are you are literally walking out the door.