Monday, July 20

SURPRISE!

I have been planning a surprise party for Judd for about a month. I wanted to do something special for his birthday, so I decided to throw a surprise party. I hadn't planned one for him before.

It was pretty hectic for me trying to get everything ready. I'm used to having Judd as my assistant party planner. I did little things throughout the week leading up to the party and would hide all of the party supplies at friend's houses or throughout our house. I had it catered so I wouldn't have to worry about making food. When he finally got out of the house about 4:15 on Saturday afternoon, I ran around like crazy getting the house ready while trying to keep Charlotte out of trouble. When my poor friends showed up at the house I put them to work. Judd came in the door right on time and had a crowd of people waiting to say "Surprise!".

He said he was surprised, but I don't know for sure. He was able to see my emails at one point in the last month and he said he saw a suspicious subject line that said, "Judd's surprise 30th - SSHHHH, it's a secret." He said he didn't read the email, but I doubt he could really withstand the temptation.


It was also our friend Jimmy's 30th the following day, so my co-worker Candy made a cake for both Judd and Jimmy. The cakes were fabulous!


2 comments:

Al & Nina said...

Thank you for making Judd's 30th birthday a very special and memorable occasion. N

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

happy birthday, judd!!