Sunday, May 16

The Perfect Day

DSC_1116_forweb

Do you ever have those days when everything just feels right?

Our Saturday started out with Judd taking Charlotte for a trip to the "donut store" where she got to pick out a donut with her Daddy. Later in the morning we packed up and went to the pool for a couple of hours. (We recently joined one of the community pools around our house so Charlotte and I would have a place to swim this summer.) Charlotte took a three hour nap that afternoon - swimming wears you out! Judd's parents stopped by for a visit. In the evening, we had dinner outside at a "rescronk" where Charlotte ate an entire bowl of spaghetti. We drove to the square in Decatur, got our ice cream, and listened to the band playing in the gazebo.

It doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary. In fact, to some of my peers it sounds downright boring. But, to me, it is living a small dream.

About 8 years ago, when Judd and I went to the square in Decatur on a Spring evening for the first time - we witnessed a band playing in the gazebo, and families eating picnic dinners on the lawn. Kids were running everywhere with dirty feet and dirty faces, but huge smiles. I'll never forget that night - I knew then I wanted to live here and bring my own kids down to the square on nights like that. You know those magical late spring/summer nights?

I felt so lucky to hold Charlotte's and Judd's hand last night as we walked around the square. 8 years ago I had a glimse of what my life could be, and now I am living it. I have a great house in the part of town I love and a family that I love more than anything. It all just feels right.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Sounds like a great day! We were at the square last night with Don's sister and her husband (and Declan of course). Too bad we missed you!