Sunday, October 3

Just the 3 of us

We are wrapping up a wonderful weekend - a weekend that we tried to concentrate on fun and being a little family of three.

I had an early morning photography session, then I met Judd and Charlotte at a "rescronk" to eat pancakes. After breakfast, we headed down to Delta headquarters to attend an airline memorabilia show. We were looking for a few last things to decorate the nursery with. Charlotte had a good time pretending to fly to Grammie's house on the Spirit of Delta.

Saturday evening we decided to enjoy the beautiful weather. We picked up some sandwiches and headed to the park for dinner. We had a really nice picnic, then played ball, explored, and Charlotte played on the playground. It was a beautiful evening - the weather was perfect. Ice cream on the way home was a great way to end the day.

Today Judd and I taught Sunday School. After Sunday School, the three of us headed up to Jaemor Farms to pick out a pumpkin. We have gone to Burt's the past couple of years, but wanted to try something new and a little less hectic. Jaemor was perfect! You actually get to walk into the pumpkin patch where the pumpkins grow and cut your own pumpkin. If you don't want to actually pick your pumpkin from the patch, you can pay $3 to just take pictures. We found a great pumpkin and Judd cut it for us. After the pumpkin patch, we took a hayride - and we didn't even have to wait in line! Charlotte spotted the ponies next, so we bought her a ride on a pony named Oreo. She didn't last very long on it, though - she wasn't too sure about it.

We stopped at the store on the way out and picked up some apples, apple cider donuts, and two baby pumpkins - one for Charlotte and one for baby brother.

I couldn't help but get teary eyed a couple of times during this weekened thinking about the changes ahead of us. Of course I can't wait to meet the fourth member of our family - our little man - and I know he'll fit right in. But, I can't help but feel myself holding onto these last days of us as a family of three - a special time that I'll never forget. Just as I'll never forget the wonderful years that it was just 2 of us.

pumpkin6

pumpkin5

pumpkin2

pumpkin1l

pumpkin3

pumpkin4

2 comments:

Drena said...

love the first photo!

I know how you feel. In my messed up head I imagine I'll dread the change that I longed for often and forever feel slightly guilty that I can't give Oliver 100% of my attention.

Soak it up!

Al & Nina said...

What a wonderful weekend!! I love all the pictures. N