Sunday, April 26

Beach Baby

DSC_2537_edit_bw


Whew! We survived. It was touch and go at times, but the Himes and Davis families survived a week at the beach with three 1 year olds.

We rented a house in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. The house was fabulous. It was three stories with 5 bedrooms. We rarely even used the bottom floor. The bathroom Judd and I used was bigger than our bedroom. The shower had 3 shower heads - I could have spent most of the day in the shower - so relaxing.

The house wasn't on the beach, but it was just one house back from the beach. The house was next to the public beach access, so we only had a 3 minute walk to the water. We had a great view of the ocean from our living room.

The first few days were a little cold and really windy. We didn't spend too much time at the beach or the pool. By Wednesday the winds had died down and the temperature rose to the 80's. We would spend some time in the mornings and the afternoons down at the beach, then splash around in the pool a while.

Charlotte wasn't too sure about the beach & ocean the first couple of times we went down, but by Friday she was a pro. At low tide there was an awesome sand bar that was perfect for little ones to play on. She spent almost an hour playing on it Thursday & Friday evenings.


DSC_2531_edit



All three girls (and one mom, Erin) fought a cold throughout the week. Charlotte & Emma were fighting it at the beginning of the week, then Ella & Erin fought it towards the end. That made the trip a little more challenging, and a little less relaxing, but I think we all had a great time anyway. Erin and I were both pretty sick of snot and sand by Friday.

We definately looked forward to nap times - and the girls were pretty much on the same schedule for afternoon naps. Erin and I even got a full hour on the beach by ourselves!

Judd and I loved having a full week with Charlotte. She has so much personality and it is fun to see what she is going to do next. This week she surprised us over and over again with how much she is learning. I'm really sad for tomorrow to come and reality to start up again.


3 comments:

Al & Nina said...

Love the pictures!! So pleased that all of you had a fun week at the beach.

Sarah said...

Hey Carrie! Don't know if you remember me, but I was a DG for awhile at UGA and started reading your blog from Rebecca's and Meredith's. If you don't remember me, please don't think I'm a stalker, I just really love your pictures and as someone who is starting to get in to photography have been dying to ask you what kind of camera/lens you use and how most of your pictures are so "bright" (for lack of a better word)? Anyway, love the pictures! I check your blog periodically to see new ones :)

Sarah Carson Wise

Sarah said...

Yes, I took 101 at Showcase and am starting 102 tomorrow night, actually. I took 101 about 6 years ago with my film camera, but this time around with digital, it has been so much easier to learn since I can see the pictures as soon as I take them. I have not done any tinkering around with my pictures in anything other than iPhoto on my Mac. I did download a Photoshop trial, but I never really spent enough time messing with it to figure it out and then my trial ran out. What editing program do you use? That's funny you mention your 50 mm lens -- I just told my husband yesterday that I wanted to get that exact lens and he said "Happy Mother's Day!" Anyway, glad you don't mind me following your blog -- your little girl is so cute and I love seeing your pictures. You do a great job!