Tuesday, December 29

Help You?

Charlotte loves to help. Every morning that I make coffee, she sits on the counter and tells me where to put the filter, coffee grounds, and then where to pour the water. She helps me get her waffles out of the freezer. She helps me make the bed. She helps me dry my hair. Every time I tell her that I'm going to do something she says, "Mama, help you". I'm not sure how I ever got anything done prior to all of this help I get now.

While she was napping I decided to put together the new storage unit Judd and I bought for her Christmas toys at IKEA yesterday. (Even after taking a huge box of gently used baby toys to Goodwill today, we still have tons of stuff) Charlotte has some sort of 6th sense and knows when I do not want her to wake up from her nap - she always wakes up as soon as I start a project - or yesterday, as soon as I pour a cup of hot chocolate.

So, she came down and helped me.

DSC_8144

Excuse the blurry picture - the focus was on her kitchen in the background - but I just had to get a shot of the two of us. It is my goal to get in front of the camera more.

I have all week off to spend with Charlotte this week. I am looking forward to every cuddle - and every helping hand.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Don't you just love all the help?? It's so cute :) And great goal to get in front of the camera more. In looking through my Christmas pictures, I realized that my kids will probably look back at them and wonder where there mother was!!