Monday, March 15

She wanted Daddy

1 AM this morning Charlotte jolted us awake with a loud scream. My heart started to race and I waited for her to yell, "Mommy! Mommy!" like she has every other time this happens. Except this time she yelled, "DAAADDDYYYY, DADDDDYYY!"

I turned to Judd and said, "Did she just say Daddy?" But, he wasn't next to me, he was already out of the bed and going into her room. I'm not sure I've ever seen him move that fast at 1 AM.

A small milestone that neither he or I will forget. Even though it isn't very fun waking up from a deep sleep to screams - it is always an awesome feeling being the one that is needed and can provide comfort to your child. I know that he loved every second of it. And so did I.

DSC_9627_forweb

2 comments:

Sara said...

The special sense of security and safety that a Dad provides is a priceless gift to a daughter. I am so thankful that Judd is that kind of a Dad. Your pictures tell a story, Carrie. I know Charlotte will cherish them some day.

Love,
Me

Drena said...

Wow, that's awesome. She's made some major changes in just a month!