Monday, July 19

Evolution of an outfit

outfit1

July 15th, 2010

9:00 AM: Put shirt and shorts on for the day

6:00 PM: Decide to go out to dinner to celebrate Daddy's birthday, before we eat our yummy chocolate cake.

6:05 PM: Charlotte comes into my room while I change. She spies my silver sparkly belt that I bought for a Halloween costume one year. She demands that I put it around her waste.

6:07 PM: Judd inquires whether or not she is wearing that belt to dinner. I reply, "Probably". (she wears it to dinner)

6:10 PM: I tell Charlotte to pick out some shoes, she picks out her red flip flops that don't at all go with her light pink shirt and shorts.

7:15 PM: We return home and I ask Charlotte if she wants to play outside for a few minutes. She says that she would like to ride her bike, but she needs her "helmet". We don't actually have a helmet for her yet, so I get her new sunhat that she can pretend is a helmet.

7:18 PM: She sees her yellow rain boots, decides she needs to have just one on the wrong foot. Kicks off her flip flop and puts the left boot on her right foot.

7:19 PM: I can't stand it, I just have to go inside and get my camera to document this outfit.

7:25 PM: She decides to "drive her car to work"

outfit2

7:26 PM: But first, she has to give Daddy a hug goodbye.

outfit3

So now you know why my child looks the way she does if you happen to see us out in public and she looks like this.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the belt. She is rocking that outfit.

Sarah said...

I love it! You're such a good mom for letting her wear the belt to dinner :) And any mom knows that if they see a kid out in public, dressed crazy, 9 times out of 10, it is because the kid picked out their own outfit -- not the mom :) Now if they are with their Dad's, well, there's no telling WHO dressed them!